When I hear people say, “I don’t buy drug store makeup,” I’m always confused as to why?I know for a fact that there are amazing drug store makeup products that would create a bomb look. I actually have some drug store favorites that I prefer over the high-end brands and that’s okay. I love and embrace all options. Something about finding affordable products gets me going. I love saying, you won’t believe this only cost me $3! LOL, anyone else do this when they find a good budget buy? I look at it as, if it works for me and my skin’s needs, and I genuinely like it, I’m going to use it. So I thought, many of you may be practicing your makeup looks at home, why not create a drug store favorite list plus a tutorial? You can watch the tutorial here. Some of these products I bought over the course of time, and some have been gifted to me by the brands mentioned. This list has products that you can create a full face. I mentioned all products in the order that I use them.
- Revlon PhotoReady Prime Plus Perfecting & Smoothing Primer | This primer has a gel cream feel and you can feel the moisturizing properties when you apply it to your skin. It feels smooth and if you’re someone with textured and dry skin, after cleaning and moisturizing, adding this primer to your makeup routine will compliment your makeup look. It absorbs right into my skin and I love the feeling and look when I use it with my foundation.
- NYX Professional Makeup Born to Glow Naturally Radiant Foundation | I have been wearing this foundation for months, if not a year yet. I’m surprised the shade match was so close. I wear Deep Sable. I love NYX foundations, but this one right here!! The coverage! It blends very well and is a medium coverage, and very buildable. If you use a little, you can get away with a very natural look. It has a dewy finish and not matte. I am a fan of the dewy “skin like” look which is why I gravitate to this foundation. The foundation seems to oxidize a bit, so be careful choosing your shade and undertone. Another very natural finish foundation favorite of mine is NYX Professional Makeup Total Control Drop Foundation. It’s very dewy and skin like – almost like water. It’s light coverage, but can build to a medium. If you’re an OG follower from years ago on Instagram, you’ll remember this picture from the campaign! Still one of my favorites to this day!
- COVERGIRL TruBlend Undercover Concealer | I use two shades: ‘Bronze’ which is the closest to my shade for concealing and ‘tawny’ for highlighting. If you’re looking for a full coverage concealer, this is it! It has a very creamy texture and not too thick – lightweight. Very blend-able, but make sure you blend it right away. To me, the formula dries pretty quickly. The shade range is good, too.
- Black Radiance Color Perfect Foundation Stick |Love the color range! It is easy to blend. I don’t recommend using the blender brush that it comes with, in my opinion, it doesn’t do much for me, however, using another dense brush would word great.
- L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 16HR Powder |This powder is such an oldie but goodie product for me. I use it to set my under eye, but its also good if you want a super light coverage makeup look. Sometimes, I’ll just put on moisturizer and a bit of concealer under my eyes, then dust this powder on top. It gives a skin-like finish, although it is matte. I love that it does not give that “powder-y look.”
- Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette | Another oldie but goodie. I’m surprised you all aren’t tired of me using this! I use this in almost every look. I love the warmth of the middle shade in the deep palette. It doesn’t look muddy and blends perfectly to a gradient. Some may use the middle shade as a bronzer or a medium between contour and blush. The texture is not “powdery/chalky” although it is a powder. The deepest shade is too deep for me but sometimes, if I want a more “chiseled” look, I’ll mix them both. This contour palette comes with a gold highlighter, which looks amazing in the summer time.
- NYX Professional Makeup Eyebrow Powder Pencil | I’ve been using this brow pencil for years. This is a pencil you have to sharpen, but, I love the color (I use espresso). It has a spoolie tool on the other end to blend the product and brush your brow hair. It’s a velvety powder finish and long lasting. My other two drug store brow favs that are tractable are NYX Professional Makeup Micro Brow Pencil and CoverGirl Micro-Fine + Define Pencil. These are box micro pencils, meaning they have a very fine tip and you do not need to sharpen. You can create defined brows, and even draw in hair using fine strokes. I personally love the micro pencils better because of the fine tip.
- COVERGIRL Exhibitionist Mascara, Black | When I tell ya’ll, my lashes are short, they are short! This mascara gives my lashes life and the volume it needs. I also like that I can easily apply this on my lower lash with no mess.
- Pixi Beauty Glow Mist | I’ve been using this product for years! It gives such a pretty glow when you spray it on after you apply your setting powder and before your highlight. If you want your highlight to pop, use this spray! It takes away that “powder-y look” and adds an extra glow. Perfect for dewy looks.
- Revlon SkinLights Prismatic Highlighter | I use Twilight Gleam, but there are 2 more shades. I love that it is finely milled and not a chunky glitter like some highlighters can be. Use it wet or dry, this highlighter will be gleaming! You can add some for a natural highlight, or more for a “blind the whole room” look, lol. So smooth on the skin. A+ for a drug store highlighter.
- NYX Ombre Blush Feel The Heat | You will definitely feel the heat with this one! It’s very pigmented, so a little goes a long way. I like that it’s an ombre blush so you can diffuse the color or get a very warm orange. Such a pretty spring/summer color! It is not a chalky blush and applies very smooth.
- Here are 5 spring lippes that I am loving for the spring. They all varying consistency and color, but all very pretty.
- NYX Professional Makeup Butter Gloss – Tiramisu | Pretty nude gloss and looks amazing with a brown lip liner. Gives a perfect pink nude.
- NYX Professional Makeup Suede Matte Lipstick – Sweet Tooth (fuschia) | This is for the bold fashionista. This color is a bright fuschia pink and gorgeous when paired with a dark brown or purple liner.
- Milani Amore Matte Lip Creme, Precious | This is a light pink, and I pair with a brown liner. Matte formula and medium lasting.
- NYX Cosmetics NYX Simply Red Lip Cream, Seduction | This is a bright orange-y red lip cream. Feels creamier than most lipstick formulas.
- NYX Professional Makeup Lip Lingerie Push-Up Long-Lasting Lipstick – Teddy | This is a nude color on me and I love pairing it with a brown liner.
And that’s my Spring 2020 drug store fav list! I hope you loved the tutorial using these looks as well. If you have any of these products, let me know in the comment section of how you use it and your thoughts. Have a beautiful day!
It’s Sarah Mae partners with several affiliate programs, meaning that commission can be earned through purchases/or clicks by those who visit this website and on any It’s Sarah Mae social media platforms. Some products may have been gifted or sponsored from brands. All views expressed on It’s Sarah Mae are my own.
One thought on “Drug Store Makeup Favorites| Spring 2020”