Matte lips and matte eyes – Fall friendly colors?! I’ve been loving the new MAC Powder Kiss shadows and liquid lipsticks, especially that the colors are so fall friendly. I swatched and reviewed the entire collection here. Also, a makeup tutorial using the eyeshadows here.
What makes the Powder Kiss Collection so different? First thing I notice with matte lips, for example, my lips get extra dry. Then they start to look cracked and every fine line and wrinkled is noticed – not my favorite type of lip look. The eyshadows are also matte, but have a creamy feel – no dusty or chalky eyeshadow look. The MAC powder kiss brought the “matte” look, but hydrating/creamy feel. That’s exactly what I hope for in a matte look, and MAC got the formula down!!
Mac describes the powder kiss soft matte eyeshadow as:
- Velvet comfort on your lids
- Weightless color with 10 shade options
- Soft-Focus technology that delivers a diffused, blurring effect
- Highly blendable smooth formula with slip
- Cream matrix formula for ultra-cream, soft, gliding texture
Swatches of Powder Kiss Soft Matte Eyeshadow. See picture on the right.
The eyeshadows apply beautifully and are perfect for transition shades. For me, I prefer a matte shadow to blend, and these shadows give it. I also like that it’s not chalky like other shadows that I have used. Beautiful colors, especially fall friendly.
MAC describes The Powder Kiss Liquid Lipcolour as:
- Gives that blurred, matte look
- Weightless kiss of color delivering ten hours of moisture
- Whipped, moose-like texture
- Blend of vitamin E, powders and emollient properties
- Leave lips looking and feeling soft and smooth all day
I swatched all the lipsticks with MAC chestnut lipliner. It complimented every color so beautifully! When I would press my lips together, they still felt hydrated! The liquid lipsticks are very hydrating, but it gives that matte look. No crackling, settling, dry look. The colors are also very pigmented. I would like to see more colors, especially in the brown tones. MAC did great with this lip formula and so far, it’s my favorite “matte-lip” formula.
Thanks for reading! Peace.